Last Modified: February 19, 2020
Building Brave (“Building Brave,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Generally, Building Brave serves as a data processor by collecting Personal Data you provide on behalf of our customers. In this capacity, we will only collect, use, and otherwise process your Personal Data as directed by our customers.
2. Data Controller and Representative
In limited circumstances, Building Brave serves as the controller of Personal Data you provide.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It as a Controller
Building Brave collects limited information (“Personal Data”) from you as a controller:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website or use of our Application, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or in the Application; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website or use our Application. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, unique identifiers on your mobile device, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or the Application are:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or the Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or Application, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or the Application or transmitted to other users of the Website or Application or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information while creating each post (including posting publicly, posting anonymously, and limiting the transmission of posts only to other users in a specific circle), please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or Application with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website or the Application, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns as described above. We may also collect information about your computer and internet connection, i.e. your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Application and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize how our Website and Application appears to you according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
4. Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
We have a lawful basis for our processing of your Personal Data, including processing for our legitimate interests (when balanced against your rights and freedoms), to fulfill our obligations to you under a contract with you, and required by law, and with your consent.
If you are in the European Union, the processing of your Personal Data is lawful only if it is permitted under the applicable data protection laws. We have a lawful basis for each of our processing activities (except when an exception applies as described below):
- Legitimate Interests. We will process your Personal Data as necessary for our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are balanced against your rights and freedoms and we do not process your Personal Data if your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Specifically, our legitimate interests are to: facilitate communication between Building Brave and you; detect and correct bugs and to improve our Website or Application; safeguard our IT infrastructure and intellectual property; detect and prevent fraud and other crime; promote and market our business; and develop our product and services.
- To Fulfill Our Obligations to You under our Contract. We process your Personal Data in order to fulfill our obligations to you pursuant to our contract with you to deliver our goods and services to you.
- As Required by Law. We may also process your Personal Data when we are required or permitted to by law; to comply with government inspections, audits, and other valid requests from government or other public authorities; to respond to legal process such as subpoenas; or as necessary for us to protect our interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, attacks against our network, or other criminal and tortious activities), defend litigation, and manage complaints or claims.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Data for various purposes described below, including to:
- provide our Website and Application to you;
- provide you with information you request from us;
- notify you about changes; and
- provide you with notices about your account
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Website and Application and their contents to you;
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with newsletters related to our services (with your consent, where required by law);
- to notify you about changes to our Website or Application or services we offer or provide though them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
With your consent, we may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to consent to this use, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so at any time by sending us an email stating your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
- our third-party service providers that we use to support our business;
- to a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to enforce our rights; and
- with your consent
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Building Brave’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Building Brave about our Website’s or Application’s users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us contact to communicate with the other users of our Website, we may transmit the contents of that email and your contact information to the recipients;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Building Brave, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of security or for fraud protection.
7. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer you choices regarding our use of tracking technology and our advertising to you.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Building Brave. If you do not wish to have your contact information used to promote our own or third parties’ products and service, you may opt-out at any time by contacting us at the Contact Information below or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or other marketing communications you receive from us. This opt-out does not apply to informational communications sent by us, such as updates to our Website or communications regarding the status of your account.
8. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
If you reside in the EU, you may have the following rights under the GDPR.
Applicable data protection laws may provide you with certain rights with regards to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Access and Update. You can review and change your Personal Data by logging into the Application and visiting your “Profile” page. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Restrictions You have the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. In particular, you can request we restrict our use of it if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your Personal Data is determined to be unlawful, or if we no longer need your Personal Data for processing but we have retained it as permitted by law.
- Portability. To the extent the Personal Data you provide Building Brave is processed based on your consent or that we process it through automated means, you have the right to request that we provide you a copy of, or access to, all or part of such Personal Data in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this Personal Data to another controller, when technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent. To the extent that our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by closing your account. Withdrawing your consent will not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal, and will not affect the lawfulness of our continued processing that is based on any other lawful basis for processing your Personal Data.
- Right to be Forgotten. You have the right to request that we delete all of your Personal Data. We cannot delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your user account, and we will only delete your account when we no longer have a lawful basis for processing your Personal Data or after a final determination that your Personal Data was unlawfully processed. We may not accommodate a request to erase information if we believe the deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In all other cases, we will retain your Personal Data as set forth in this policy. If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
- Complaints. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority in the country you live in, the country you work in, or the country where you believe your rights under applicable data protection laws have been violated. However, before doing so, we request that you contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
- How You May Exercise Your Rights. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us through any of the methods listed under Contact Information below. If you contact us to exercise any of the foregoing rights, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements. Please note that if you make unfounded, repetitive, or excessive requests (as determined in our reasonable discretion) to access your Personal Data, you may be charged a fee subject to a maximum set by applicable law.
9. Do Not Track Signals
We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Data about your online activities over time. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, we do not currently respond to the browser DNT signals when you use our services and products or interact with our Websites or online services.
10. Data Security
Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure, but we do our best to protect your Personal Data. You can help protect your Personal Data and other information by keeping your password to our Website and/or Application confidential.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website and Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like public message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website or Application.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website or Application. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or in the Application.
11. Consent to Processing of Personal Data in the United States
We may process your Personal Data outside of your home country, including to the United States. We only do this when we are legally permitted to do so and when we have appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data.
13. Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website and Application are not intended for children under the age of 18 and children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use our Website or Application. We will remove any information about a child under the age of 18 if we become aware of it.
Our Website and Application are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website or through our Application. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Website or Application or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Website or Application or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us at 608-616-5248.
14. Contact Information
If you wish to contact us, you must contact both us and our representative through the contact information below or through the “Contact Us” page on our Website.
To Contact Building Brave
301 S. Bedford Street
Madison, WI 53703